Sunday 28 October 2007

Yes Please

The issue of Scotland (and to a lesser extent Wales and Northern Ireland) being over-represented has been something of a bug-bear for me for some time now.

These proposals by Sir Malcolm Rifkind are long overdue.

The only reason that Labour oppose them is because most of their MPs are Scottish and they wouldn't have a strong majority in an English only assembly.

I find it farcical that Gordon Brown has more control over what happens to me in Plymouth than what happens to voters in his own constituency.

I just love the way that Labour are trying to accuse the Tories of destabilising the Union. The Tories were opposed to devolution in the first place. Now they're just making sure the job is finished.

It's worrying me that I'm siding with the Tories more than anyone else of late. I used to REALLY hate them.
Maybe if someone electable (and not Scottish) becomes the leader of the Lib Dems that might redress the balance a bit...

No comments: